I just picked up a fresh turkey today from my farmer friend and it’s a big one – 26 lbs!!!! This is also the first time I get to host Thanksgiving so I am excited, however, I am not sure how the turkey is going to fit in my oven! I am hoping to have some leftovers for the next day and also I plan to make some soup. One easy and delicious way to use those leftovers is to make soup. Buy or make homemade broth or better yet, if you saved your turkey bones you can first slow cook those to make a rich turkey broth and then make this delicious and healthy homemade Turkey Rice Soup in the post or your other favorite soup.
Learn how to make your own broth with these tips in my previous post.
For Thanksgiving, my friends over at Kettle & Fire are giving you an exclusive offer on their 100% grass-fed, organic bone broth… but only until November 27th. This offer is for a limited time only so make sure to get yours today. This is the only shelf-stable, quality boxed bone broth on the market today!
Turkey Rice Soup
· 1/2 cup wild or Basmati rice, cooked according to package
· 2 tsp olive oil
· 3 celery stalks, chopped small
· 1 onion, diced small
· 1 tsp dried sage
· 6 cups homemade turkey stock (or chicken stock if you didn’t save your turkey bones!)
· 2 cups finely chopped cabbage
· 2 cups cooked turkey, cut small
· 1/4 chopped parsley
· 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1. In a large soup pot over medium heat, put olive oil, celery, onions, and sage. Saute celery and onions until soft, approximately 4 or 5 minutes.
2. Add the stock and cabbage. Stir through and turn heat down to low.
3. Cover pot loosely and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until the cabbage is soft.
4. Add the turkey, cooked rice, and parsley, and simmer very slowly (without bubbles), uncovered, for about 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and stir in the balsamic vinegar, taste and adjust seasonings to taste.
Happy Thanksgiving and Enjoy!
This exclusive offer ends Sunday, November 27th. Be sure to grab your bone broth discount now before it’s too late. Get $10 off 100% Grass-Fed Bone Broth Today